Promotion is an essential part of hosting a webinar. Remember, the whole goal of running a webinar is to share information with your audience and the larger the audience the better. Promoting your event lets people know about it and gets the word out. But how do you promote one effectively? Here are some tips that will help you make sure people know about your webinar.
1. Use email, because according to research it is the best way to promote a webinar. ReadyTalk rated the email approach to webinar promotion with 4.46 out of 5. People are much more likely to take action when they receive an email about it.
2. However, email isn’t the only way that you should be promoting your webinar. You should also be using social media, with whatever networks you normally use. Facebook and Twitter are absolutely required and LinkedIn is a good idea as well.
3. Once people land on your registration page, you’ve still got to convince them to sign up. You might be tempted to create a long registration form so that you will have information about your attendees, but you should limit your fields to 4 instead.
4. Remind, Remind, Remind. Just because someone signed up for your webinar doesn’t meant they are going to attend. In fact, many of them will simply forget about it. That’s why you need to remind them, starting with regular reminders the month before the event and culminating in two or three email reminders the week prior.
5. Optimize your landing page properly. Make sure that they know the date and time of the webinar and how you are going to be able to solve their problem. You will also want information on the speakers and even if it is you, give them a celebrity-like write up that makes them seem like someone worth listening to.
6. If your webinar is still a few months away, and you don’t already have one, consider writing a blog about the topic you are going to be covering in your webinar. Blogs drive traffic because the richness of content puts you in the search results for a lot of keyword phrases.
7. Make sure that your webinar is featured prominently in your email signature and your forum signatures relating to the topics that you will be covering in your webinar. Also, make you are sending out emails and posting on the forums.
Hopefully, these tips will help you prepare your attendees and lead to as many people seeing you and hearing your message. If you want to find out more about how to run webinars check out my free report Webinar Success HERE.